North Light Arts, Dunbar present a film of the opening day of FLOERS FESTIVAL and Exhibition recording the work of the John Muir Residency artists Alec Finlay & Hannah Imlach.
Opening day programme | Saturday 10th June 2017:
• 11am | Guided walk with Colin Will to the temporary installation of 'Dune Cradle' at Belhaven Bay by Hannah Imlach.
• 1pm | Performance at Belhaven Church by Alec Finlay and the immersive tidesongs by Hanna Tuulikki and Lucy Duncombe, Hannah and Lucy’s beautiful vocal composition is derived from elements of coastal language.
• 1.45pm | Walk to Dunbar Town Centre.
• 2.30pm | Opening of exhibition at Dunbar Town House Museum & Gallery | Film screening by Hannah Imlach shown in The Community Room and Alec presented the book 'minnmouth' a collection of tidepoems in the languages of the East Coast (commissioned for Hull UK City of Culture 2017 and North Light Arts, Dunbar).
• 3.30pm | Artists discussion | Lila Matsumoto in conversation with Alec Finlay and Hannah Imlach.
The exhibition was in Dunbar Town House and Hannah Imlach installed her 'Dune Cradle' sculpture on location at Belhaven Bay, by the Bridge to Nowhere.
The FLOERS exhibition ran from Wednesday 7June to Sunday 25th June 2017.
More info about the John Muir Residency 2017 can be found on the NLA web site at:
Blogs from Alec Finlay:
Lila Matsumoto: northlightarts.org.uk/2017/07/doone-cradle-encounter/
Blog from Leonie Dunlop:
Film & Photography Credit: Thanks to Kevin Greenfield | kevingreenfield.com