• Ballistic Training (Medicine Ball)
Dominant Movement Pattern/Category:
• Horizontal Push (Chest)
• Select the proper Med Ball resistance that will allow you to perform the prescribed number of repetitions.
• Half kneeling on a mat or pad in a parallel position to the wall.
• Make sure you are close enough to the wall (I.e., 3-4 feet) so you can catch it on the rebound.
• Start with your arms fully extended toward the wall at chest level.
• Draw the ball into your chest; quickly reverse the direction and throw the ball straight into the wall at chest level.
• Immediately repeat using a continuous tempo for the prescribed number of repetitions.
• Switch sides and repeat with the other leg forward.
• Keep your hips tucked in and core braced.
• Exhale as you throw.