• Reactive Training (Plyometrics)
Dominant Movement Pattern/Category:
• Knee Dominant (Quads)
• Total Body
• Start standing in an upright position (i.e., torso vertical); feet shoulder width apart and arms extended fully overhead.
• From the upright position, quickly lower your body down into a quarter squat while bringing your arms down and back behind you.
• Then, quickly reverse the movement and explosively jump (i.e., two-foot take-off and two-foot landing) vertically.
• Pull the toes toward your shins in mid-air to prepare for landing.
• Land softly in the starting squat position, hold for one to two seconds and repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
• Keep chest up during the jump.
• Use your hips and arms to generate the force.
• Extend hips completely during the jump.
• Land softly with your hips down and back.