• Reactive Training (Plyometrics)
Dominant Movement Pattern/Category:
• Knee Dominant (Quads)
• Total Body
• Select the appropriate low Plyo box height (usually 3-6” in height) for your current fitness ability.
• Start in the bottom position of a quarter squat while standing on one leg facing the low box with your hips parallel to the box.
• From the bottom position of a quarter squat explosively hop (i.e., single leg, same foot take-off, and landing) linearly onto the box.
• Hold a stable landing position for one to two seconds.
• Step down off the box and repeat with the same leg for the prescribed number of repetitions.
• Switch sides and repeat on the opposite leg.
• Use your hips and arms to generate the force.
• Land softly by absorbing through your hip.
• Do not allow your knee to collapse to the inside upon takeoff or landing.