Study 05 of 13 on "Garments of Grace" - Clothing Imagery In the Bible
Scriptural Basis: Exod. 32:1-6; Lev. 21:7-24; 22:1-8; Exodus 28; Heb. 4:14, 15; Rev. 21:12-14
Key Text: “You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 1 Peter 2:9 (NKJV).
1. What does it mean that we as Christians are, in a very real sense, priests of God?
2. What were some of the things required of the Old Testament priests, and what did these things represent?
3. How does the symbolism of the priestly garments and the arrangement of the sanctuary tell the story of the New Covenant in the Old?
4. The title of this week’s study is “The Priestly Garments of Grace.” In what ways were they garments of grace?
5. What can we get from Aaron’s experience that there is hope for us, even despite our mistakes?
6. If we should be different from the world around us, why, and in what ways?