This Week's Teaching is a walk-through of the sequence of events leading up to and including the Day of Jehovah Tsaba (Lord of hosts):
1. The Covenant of Prophecy to Abraham (flowing through Isaac & Jacob to His seed) - 4,000 year old prophecy – Genesis 15:9-14
2. Israelite deliverance from Egypt & Plunder:
• Exodus 2:23-24 – God sees the abuse of slave wages of hard labor & remembers His covenant with Abraham
• Exodus 3:19-22 – God says a “mighty hand” will not be enough but he will “stretch forth his arm” (Heb. An orchestration of events) and they will spoil the Egyptians in their deliverance. The plan calls for “every Israelite woman” to request their Egyptian neighbors riches of heavy Gold & Silver Jewels and finest apparel for themselves and their husbands and children.
• Exodus 11:2 – Final instructions are given the Israelites to affect the plan.
• Exodus 12:35-36 – Their final evening in Egypt the Israelites on an individual basis ask their Egyptian neighbors for their silver, gold and finest apparel as God gives them a “spirit of favor” upon their masters, and they spoil the individual wealth of the nations.
3. Psalmist David introduces us to a special Jehovah Name: Jehovah Tsaba (Lord of hosts); the King of Glory Who is the Lord Strong Mighty in Battle (Lord of the angelic armies) – Psalm 24:7-10
4. Haggai prophesies in the Name of Jehovah Tsaba (Lord of hosts) that the anointing that caused the spoil of the Egyptians remains for yet one more event in the distant prophetic future; this time for the shaking of all nations and the silver and gold and finest of all nations will come to God’s house (family), the body of Christ - Haggai 2:4-9 (For “Seed” of Abraham, see Gal 3:16-29)
5. Zachariah meets the angel of God’s glory who is sent out in the Name of Jehovah Tsaba (Lord of hosts) to effect Haggai’s prophecy, who also confirms the event for the body of Christ, the Church. - Zechariah 2:8-13
6. Isaiah prophesies an event called “the Day of Jehovah Tsaba (Lord of hosts) for the Church during which the haughty and proud would be brought low. - Isaiah 2:11-12
7. It is purposed by Jehovah Tsaba (Lord of hosts) to be a global event affecting all the nations. – Isaiah 14:24-27
8. Purposed upon the whole earth, providing all of the “merchandise” of the earth for God’s great end-time harvest of souls. – m Isaiah 23:9;18
9. The Apostle James prophesies the event of the Day of Jehovah Tsaba (Lord of Sabaoth) in which God would affect a judgment and an inversion of the collective wealth of the financial powers of the nations and give it to His people at the time just before the return of Christ (in the Last Days – “eschatos,” meaning end of the age). - James 5:1-9
10. Isaiah describes the great event of Haggai & Zechariah during which time the Church comes into their blessing. - Isaiah 60 (Rich sea trade and wealth of nations coming to the body of Christ)
11. Isaiah speaks of the anointing referenced by Haggai and prophesies the spoiling of the nations into the hands of the church. - Isaiah 61 (The event is called a “vengeance to comfort” God’s people in which they will be “named the Priests of the Lord & be called ministers of our God; and they will consume the riches of the nations.)