Softimage UV Tool
UPDATE: It now works with selected quads even if they are connected to non-quads faces.
I'm still working on this but I think it is somewhat usable as it is.
It re-aligns your UVs to form a grid.
Optional: re-align the UVs to match the edge length proportion. (Activated by default)
- Select UVs you want to "grid".
- The script will change the cursor to pick. Select a sample that has 4 edges
that will be used as the reference sample.
If you are using FixRatio (activated by default), it will take the reference sample edge's loops, adjust it's UVs length to match the edge length proportion,
and re-align the rest of the UVs to this one.
Known Unfixed Bugs and Limitations:
- It only works with quads.
- Add a progress bar in case the object is very high poly.
- Try to fix some bugs.
- Keep debugging
- Finish a Custom Texture Editor that I'm working on, and create a button for this tool on it.
It's still a script.
Run it from your Script Editor, or create a button in your shelf by drag&drop it .