A quick time lapse capture of me creating a glyph (s) in FontLab Studio. It's a little over an hour (which you can track on the clock) compressed into a little over two minutes.
Everything in this project is very much a work in progress, and in doing this i kept noticing a million things i wanted to change in other glyphs. And even after the hour that passed in this, i'm not happy with the 's' i was focusing on.
My process is pretty non-standard as compared to most other font designers. I didn't really do any paper sketching or drawing for this project. Here you can see that in this case i started by drawing a skeleton based on the proportions and shape of another glyph. I then expanded the skeleton into a basic outline. From there i changed the outline, going through a few different shape ideas. I'll definitely spend many more hours on this glyph alone, and weeks and weeks on finishing the font overall.