Immersed in the mixed reality world of YOKAI, you check into your Tokyo Airbnb to find a Zashiki Warashi, an otherworldly roommate that you must engage and befriend to bridge her world and yours. This particular Yokai is a mischievous house spirit that will attract good fortune and wealth to a household if she is happy – or devastation and ruin if she is crossed. The experience is viewed through a Microsoft HoloLens that merges the spirit world with a setting of a traditional Japanese household where interactions are triggered through a set of NFC tagged props.
• Producer/Director - Scott Fisher
• Story and Interaction Design - Scott Fisher & Maryyann Landlord
• Animation - Maryyann Landlord
• Production Design - Maryyann Landlord & Scott Fisher
• Sound Design - Crystal Chan
• Software Engineering and Hardware Design - Satrio Dewantono
• 3D Printing - Biayna Bagosian
• Japan Cultural Advisors - Kojiro Umezaki, Matt Alt & Hiroko Yoda
• Project supported by the USC Mobile & Environmental Media Lab, Scott Fisher Director.