Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine is quoted as having said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” But, you've got to really know the properties and energetics of food to use it as medicine.
This is a powerful statement!
But it's not complete. Not all foods are good for all people and/or all conditions. You could be eating the right food, for the wrong condition, or vice versa.
To use food as medicine, we need to understand the energetic properties of food (and herbs), and how to use them, as well as the various ways to prepare them, to create effective healing.
- When is the best time to cleanse your system
- How we can build the body to resolve any deficiencies
- What is the most supportive way to prepare foods for healing and why
- The various properties of food and herbs and how to use them effectively
- What happens when you use the right foods, but the wrong preparation for specific conditions