I am Bernardo Bacosa. I am aspiring to be a photographer as I enter my senior years.
This project provides images about what Hollywood has significantly made us believe.
Because of Hollywood’s pervasive influence, humans have been made to believe:
• To act like a star when the camera rolls
• There were persons that have been stars
• The starstruck believe certain mortals are stars and wait for hours to see these stars
• Beauty, through cosmetics such as Botox, can be skin-deep
• That drugs, like marijuana, can cure various physical and mental illnesses
• Religion’s distinction from science stopped
To view Hollywood, families drive a labyrinth of roads for the city walk to see commercial art purveyed by movie studios and businesses. All the while, non-commercial art is hardly visible as it is consigned to garbage alleys. Non-commercial artists, on the other hand, purvey their “make believe” nether world.
Life is a tangled circus in the land of make believe and it’s our kids’ debut to the real world.