The Gartner Syposium “How IT can enable an organisation to grow sustainably while reducing carbon emissions and cost to the bottom line” focused on the importance of sustainability in the midst of an economic downturn, and the role of ICT as an enabler of sustainability in the immediate and long term.
Panellists including Luis Alvarez, President EMEA & Latin America, BTGS, highlighted real-world examples of how ICT can reduce organisations’ carbon footprint while enabling sustainable growth and providing new business opportunities. BT emphasised that focusing on sustainability was more fundamental than ever to our business model in the current economic climate, and that ICT is one of the most effective and important contributors to greater efficiencies and reduced environmental impact.
Panellists “live” in Cannes were:
• Luis Alvarez, President EMEA & Latin America, BTGS
• Peter Sondergaard, Sr. VP research, Gartner
• Trewin Restorick, Director of Global Action Plan
• Paulo De-Sa, Unilever
• Gary Hird, Technical Strategy Manager, John Lewis Partnership
In addition, five other high-ranking panellists joined the symposium online:
• Molly Webb, The Carbon Group
• Dinah McLeod, Head of BTGS Sustainability Practice
• Chris Tuppen, Chief Sustainability Officer, BT Group
• Mike Yorweth, Tesco Stores
• Ed Butt, Reckitt Benckiser