Even the Queen, ensconced in the very middle of Britain's biggest city, is only a 15-mile yomp away from a great bivvy site in the woods by the Great Pond on Epsom Common.
Nobody in the UK lives more than 15 miles from somewhere green, pretty, and invigorating to spend a night.
Pick a nice warm sunny weekend and give this a go yourself.
Here are the Rules of the Bivvy Challenge:
1. Your journey must start and finish at your front door
2. You must cover, through non-motorised means, a circular journey of at least 30 miles (or a distance that is moderately difficult for you)
3. It must take at least 24 hours
4. You must sleep outdoors (no tent) in a place you have never been before
5. You must have an outdoor swim
6. Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men
Bivvy bag: http://bit.ly/k080T7
or, for first-timers/misers/paupers/masochists, one of these cheap orange survival bags will do fine: http://bit.ly/lmBr60
Not Necessary Equipment:
Canon 5D Mkii
24-105 f4 lens
0.6 ND grad filter
Blu-Tack to hold filters on
The Boxer Rebellion - Spitting Fire
This is Microadventure Number 4 for my year of microadventure (http://bit.ly/iU66v6).
It originates from this howies idea from a couple of years ago (http://bit.ly/iT1Axo). Thanks to them for the great idea, and for my only trendy clothes.