This short 1-minute video shows the 5’ x 9’ ‘AutoControls.org’ demonstration layout at the “National Association of S Gaugers” Annual Convention in Timonium, Maryland (Aug 8-12, 2017) -- that was located in the “Chesapeake 3” room back in the rear hallway, across the hall from the dealer halls.
* Note 1: The old James Edwards DC PCC car on the lower level "back-and-forth" track, is being controlled by an old PH Hobbies DC polarity-reversing timer
* Note 2: The girl seen in the video is operating the manual “You Be The Relay” DC loop on the lower level -- that attempts to give people a "hands on" feel for how the timing works, for controlling 2 AC or DC trains using an on-off “stop block” and a relay.
* Note 3: The Pikemaster loop and 3 “push-pull” shuttles on the trestle on the upper level, are controlled by two NCE DCC "Mini-Panel" programmable controllers.
Note this is ALMOST the same layout shown in the longer, narrated ‘Part 1/2’ made just BEFORE the convention -- except that I:
* (1) Added the back-and-forth DC PCC car track,
* (2) Added 2 pushbuttons to start the DCC tracks.
* (3) I also was able to replace the electric eye that was being used as a sensor for the Pikemaster loop in the earlier video, with a Z-Stuff DZ-1011 infrared-detector block signal and DZ-1008 relay -- so I did not have to worry about inadequate ambient light to operate the electric eye.
B. ~~~~~~ RELATED LINKS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
* The longer, narrated Part 1/2 of this video, can be viewed at vimeo.com/227631425 or youtu.be/Q5Q91m6R9f4 .
* This 1-minute Part 2/2 is viewable at vimeo.com/227631425 or youtu.be/aFv_r0eoFKw
* The AutoControls.org HOME PAGE is at AutoControls.org
From the Youtube music library:
* ‘The126ers’ by WaterLily
This iMovie video was assembled 9/4/2017 by JamesRobertIngram.com (aka AutoControls.org, aka Track2.com).