Mapping projects are measuring how access to digital media is spreading and what impact media freedom has on development. What do data from current research projects show about the degree to which credible, timely news and information is available and how does that correlates with democratic and economic development?
* Moderator: Stewart Chisholm, Senior Program Manager, Open Society Foundations, United Kingdom
* Rodrigo Gómez Garcia, Professor, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico
* Rasha Abdulla, Associate Professor, American University in Cairo, Egypt
* Myriam Benlamlih, Project Manager, Middle East and North Africa, InterMedia, United States/Morocco
* Tara Susman-Peña, Director of Research, the Media Map Project, Internews, United States