We've filmed the challenges of the day for the multiple companies involved. They helped raise awareness of the homeless in the area and raise money for the MK Community Foundation.
A few stats
- In 2016, there was a 16% increase of rough sleepers in England from the previous year
- Among other factors, homelessness is driven by sharp increases in housing purchase/rental costs as people struggle to afford to pay their rent/mortgage
- London has the highest number of rough sleepers in England, closely followed by the South East
- Milton Keynes, being close to London is affected by the continuing increases in housing purchase/rental costs
- Milton Keynes has the 3rd highest population of rough sleepers in the South East according to Homeless Link
- Open Door MK currently sees between 40-50 clients at the drop-ins each week.
Thanks to the following companies involved with this charity campaign...
MK Community Foundation
The Parks Trust
Thanks to Drone MK for donating their time for capturing some aerial footage, and to Darius Alexander Chatfield for donating his time to cleaning up the audio.
For more information about the charity, please visit mkcommunityfoundation.co.uk/.