GameplayKit might seem to be all about games, but it contains valuable gems that are perfect to be used in regular apps. Some of the things you can use from GameplayKit in a non-game are:
- 'QuadTree' for clustered of annotations on zoomable views, just like MapKit does in iOS 11.
- 'Procedural Noise' for natural random animations
- 'Perceptual Randomization' for better™ shuffled playlists ...or, why Steve Jobs said "We're making it less, to make it feel more random".
- Non-uniform randomness like Gaussian, when uniform random just isn't suitable.
- 'R-Tree' for performant rubber band selection like MindNode uses for the CALayer backed view hierarchy.
- 'Pathfinding' for step by step navigation in indoor museums.
Recorded and produced live by Stefan Völker.