A new record is set on the water by Waterdream. With a time of 7 and 40 minutes, the super fast Waterdream s-850 Speedster, in conjunction with Yamaha, made a crossing from Vlissingen to the heart of London.
Never before was such a time spent on this route in a motorized tender boat. The record was established by Bernhard van Oranje who made the cross with his son Samuel (13 years) and Lex Sluyter of Navilex.
Waterdream s-850 Speedster world record crossing Vlissingen - London:
- Waterdream s-850
- Yamaha F300 BTX 4.2 v6
- Waterdream: 300 liter tank
- Start Vlissingen - finish St. Katharine Docks London
- Overcast weather conditions: start wind force 6/7, waves 2 meters high, later decreasing wind to wind force 3
- Duration of crossing: 7.40 hours including two times refueling (Breskens and Ramsgate)
- Follow-up: RIB events Yamaha F250 DETX