Purpose of business, learning to say no, worklife balance, Business life coach, newperspectives.com.au
Today’s Pillar of Success is about “The Big Question of Small Business”
One of the challenges of being in small business is that there is never enough time. And hence one of the greatest skills you need to develop as a business owner is knowing how and when to say NO.
If you do not have the ability to say NO, your business will get stuck, and you will be overwhelmed… Simple as that.
Learning to say NO starts with getting absolutely clear on the Big Question of Small Business:
Why does your business exist, What’s it on this earth for and Why would anybody care?
If you struggle to answer that question, clearly, in LESS than 20 words, there’s a good chance your business will get stuck.
Here’s a few beautiful examples of answers to that question:
• From Disney: Create Happiness (Love that one… two words)
• From BMW: Create the Ultimate Joy of Driving
• From an electrician I worked with: You’re in Safe Hands
• From a Retail fitout company I worked with: More Bang, Less buck
• From an Architect I worked with: Architecture that Inspires.
Answer the Big Question with complete clarity, and you won’t get stuck in your business… I promise you