Here is a side by side comparison of the Tasmanian Roller Derby video's colour grade, my second attempt at timing.
The original video is here: vimeo.com/24349877
All the heavy lifting was done with Red Giants Magic Bullet Colorista II & Looks.
The basics of what I did are:
1. Stretched the contrast in each shot to get full use of the gamma. This has a happy side effect of increasing perceived saturation in the chroma.
2. Fixed colour casts from a not quite right white balance on the camera.
3. Used Looks to put in some Exposure Gradients and a few Shift-Tilt Effects.
4. Some shots had really dominant backgrounds that I wanted to tone down, so secondary and third passes where added with power masks and keys. I also used this to make some people and object pop a bit more into the foreground.
5. I also used Magic Bullet Misfire Vignette on quite a few shots.
Lastly, trying to get all the shots to match each other was done. I don't think I was that successful in this but practice makes perfect.
So, there is a bit of an explanation of what I did. If you have comments or suggestions. I am always wanting to learn.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?