- Winner Best Experimental/Travel/Timelapse Short Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Awards
- Winner Best Nature/Travel European Cinematography Awards
- Winner Best Documentary Pickurflick Indie Festival
- Award of Recognition Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival
- Golden Eagle Award Sunlight International Film Festival
- Official Selection Lookout Wild Film Festival
- Official Selection No Words International Film Festival
- Official Selection Georgia Documentary Film Festival
- Official Selection 3rd International Short Film Festival Pune india
- Official Selection Tuzla Film Festival
- Official Selection Militello Independent Film Festival
- Official Selection Pondicherry International Film Festival
- Official Selection Out Of The Can Film Festival
- Official Selection West Side Mountains Doc Fest (Greece)
- Official Selection Holywood International Independent Documentary Awards
- Official Selection Oniros Film Awards
- Official Selection Cefalu Film Festival
Keep Looking Up is my first personal night sky timelapse project which I began filming on May 2016 until September 2017 with a lot of effort, as my main job at that period was demanding in terms of time and I only had one or two days per month to film. So I had to plan everything in detail before even leaving home, so as to make the best use of the time I had in my disposal. I’m not perfect and some things were out of my control, for example the weather conditions, which had as a result a lot of scenes to be lost especially in the beginning. Of course I also made mistakes but I tried to enjoy the journey and the most important, I Kept Looking Up !
At this point I want to say a very BIG THANK YOU with all my heart and soul to my WIFE Catherine !
Without her nothing would be possible ! She is my whole life, she’s supporting me from the early days when I stepped into photography, and she still does with her true love ! I love you Catherine !!!
I also want to THANK Hoya, Tokina and Vixen for their continuous support throughout the project !
Special thanks to my friends Christos, Antonis, Sotiris, George, Dimitris, Panos and Thanasis for their help, support, and for joining me some nights out there in the dark ! Thanks guys !
For the music I worked with my good friend and amazing musician, Colby Sixx, better known as Dreamstate Logic. He created a strong, emotional track, entirely from scratch, envisioning what I had in my mind only by talking and viewing a simple unedited demo of the film ! His work was more than amazing, as his idea of the song was even better from the one I had in my mind and I’m so thankful to him ! Thank you very much my friend !
Another big thank you to my friend and excellent colorist Jairus Nouvel,who did an amazing job in color grading and noise reduction, working on a very tight schedule, hearing my thoughts and ideas, providing solutions and different approaches to some issues we faced while editing ! Thank you very much my friend !
- Nikon D800 (x2)
- Nikon D750
- Sony A7r mkII
- Sony A7s mkI
- Nikon 20mm F/1.8G
- Tokina Firin 20mm F/2
- Nikon 24mm F/1.8G
- Sony 28mm F/2.0
- Sigma 35mm Art F/1.4
- Canon 55mm F/1.2
- Nikon 85mm F/1.8G
- Hoya RA54 Red Enhancer filters (also know as Red Intensifier)
- Vixen Polarie Star Tracker
- Vixen Dew Heaters
- Several Manfrotto and Benro tripods with ballheads
- Syrp 3 Axis Motion Control
- Customised Intervalometers
- TP Link Router (for QDSLRDashboard)
Filmed entirely with Hoya RA54 Red Enhancer filter.
Original Soundtrack : Dreamstate Logic (dreamstatelogic.com)
Color Grading : Jairus Nouvel (jairusnouvel.com)