A microadventure living as hunter-gatherers for a few days in a Sussex Wood.
A few points:
- The video is twice as long as I normally like to make them and therefore a bit slow. But I wanted to show Nick's different skills in a bit of detail.
- We began with the clothes we were wearing, a couple of furs for sleeping, a knife, an axe and some meat to get us started.
- Deadfall traps are illegal in the UK. Nick made this for demonstration purposes only. We had a tiny meat ration as a replacement.
- Wild bird eggs are plentiful but it's illegal to gather them. If we found a wild egg we left it alone but were "allowed" to eat a "normal" egg in exchange.
- On this video it seems that we spent most of our time eating. This was far from the case! I have never been more hungry in all my life!
- If you'd like to learn more of these skills you should sign up for one of Nick's courses: huntergathercook.typepad.com
Song: Johnny Cash - 'Hurt'
Canon 5D Mkii
24-105 f4 lens