Pentecost Sunday, June 12, 2011, 8:30am
Crosslake Lutheran Church – ELCA
THANKSGIVING FOR BAPTISM ELW p. 97
PRELUDE: “Spirit of God Descend Upon My Heart”
* HYMN: “O Spirit of Life” ELW 405 (stanzas 1, 3, 4)
* GREETING & KYRIE pp. 147-149
* PRAYER OF THE DAY: To you, holy God – Father, Son, Spirit -- be all glory and honor forever. We praise you for touching us with your Spirit; help us to share your grace-filled presence. Amen.
1ST READING: Acts 2:1-21 …Thanks be to God!
2nd READING: I Corinthians 12:3b-13 …Thanks be to God!
* GOSPEL ACCLAMATION -- Alleluia, Lord… p. 151
* GOSPEL: John 20:19-23
…Glory to You, O Lord. ~ …Praise to You, O Christ.
*HYMN OF THE DAY: “Spirit of Gentleness” # 396
*NICENE CREED p. 104
*PRAYERS OF INTERCESSION
ADULT CHOIR ANTHEM: “One Spirit, One Church”
* OFFERTORY: Give thanks with a grateful heart,
give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks because
he’s given Jesus Christ, his Son. (Repeat) And
now let the weak say, ‘I am strong,’ let the poor
say, ‘I am rich,’ because of what the Lord has
done for us. (Repeat) Give thanks.
* WORDS OF INSTITUTION
* THE LORD’S PRAYER (right column) p. 154
DISTRIBUTION & HYMN: # 406
(All who trust that our Lord comes to us in the
elements of bread and wine are welcome at this
table. Tell an usher if you would like communion
brought to you.)
Go in peace; serve your Lord! Thanks be to God!
* HYMN: ”God of Tempest, God of Whirlwind” # 400
(stanzas 1 & 4)