One of the challenges we deal with, both in and out of Toastmasters, is criticism from others. Sometimes, even if no one actually criticizes us, we feel bad anyway because of our negative self talk. In this fun, interactive session, you will learn how to "de-charge" any comment that anyone makes, or any critical self talk, so that you can hear anything of value in the criticism without being drawn into unpleasant feelings.
- Learn how to shield yourself from negative criticism and remain strong
- Take what you like and leave the rest, whether the criticizer means to hurt you or help you
- Discover how to be graceful (and even grateful) for ANY criticism, even that which used to trouble you
About Philip Mandel - web: philmandel.com
Philip Mandel, M.S. is an expert in communication and stress management. As an author, speaker and principal of
Phil Mandel & Associates, he has spent over fifteen years helping individuals find solutions to their communication
and stress challenges. His approach creates positive, personal, lasting change. His straight forward approach and common sense wisdom puts audience members at ease, and his "can-do" approach inspires people to strive to greater heights.
Some snippets of Philip's background:
- Toastmasters Advanced Communicator - Silver
- Master Practitioner of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) magicwandcoach.com
- Certified Health Coach affiliated with Take Shape for Life SHAPEwithPHIL.com
- Certified Flight Instructor flyphil.INFO
- Community College Instructor
- And a Recovering Engineer!