Dependency injection has been introduced as one of the modern best practices in WWDC 2016. The pattern significantly improves modularization of components for flexibility, maintainability and testability. However still only a few articles and examples exist for Swift developers to start learning dependency injection for their practical applications.
In this session, the original author of Swinject, the most popular dependency injection framework in Swift, will instruct the basic concept and advantages of dependency injection, and demonstrate its practical applications.
The talk covers:
– Tight coupling / loose coupling
– Inversion of Control (IoC)
– Initializer/property/method injections
– Testability with external systems and mocking
– Dynamic dependency injection with a container
– Static dependency injection in Cake Pattern
About Yoichi: Yoichi is an iOS developer working at Mercari Inc, which provides a marketplace app for anyone to buy and sell items from a mobile device. He is also an open source contributor, and the original author of Swinject, the first and the most popular dependency injection framework written in and for Swift.