Printing Full Color Custom Coasters | Compress UV Printer
Small Format Flatbed UV Printer Digital Printing on Stone Coasters
If you haven’t seen the Compress iUV600s small format flatbed uv printer in action this is a great introduction to it.
During this video you’ll see us load up 20 natural stone tiles and print full color digital quality designs on them in 4 minutes!
The Compress uv printer is technically a small format flatbed uv printer, but it’s 24x17.7” bed size makes it perform at the top of the category. Perfect for the application we’re demonstrating here, making full color coasters out of natural stone tiles.
Read more to find out how the ability to print this quality in this time leads to an $1,100/HOUR payday!
Here’s what is demonstrated:
1. Importing the graphics into Compress Designer Software to easily edit and organize printing 5 each of 4 different designs
2. Bringing the ready-to-print file into the Compress RIP software to manage ink costs and highlights
3. Print 20 tiles in 4 minutes – printing INTO the natural crags and crevices for a really high end look you cannot get with a transfer
Here are the numbers:
• Ink cost shown for all 20 coasters is under $.91 [that’s 91 cents] so less than $.05 each
• The stone was purchased at a local flooring store for $.25 each
• Total Cost for each printed tile is $.30 – there is no finishing step or drying/curing step needed
• We looked at custom photo and printed full color coasters available online and found the low end to be $20 for a set of 4, or $5 each. [MOST we found were one color)
You can produce 240 custom full color stone coasters with the Compress small format flatbed uv printer.
If you were to sell them all at $5 each your total sale would be $1200.00.
With cost of materials at $.30 including coaster and ink X 240 tiles printed in one hour = $72/hour in cost.
Add $20/hour for labor and even up to $8.00 for general overhead and your cost for that job is $100 or less.
$1200 in sales - $100 in cost = $1,100 in PROFIT
The Compress LED UV Printer line doesn't limit you go just printing on stone coasters, you can also print on everything from glass to machine parts, golf balls to tire covers! Check out 20 applications here: compressuvprinter.com/videos/
Or watch these videos:
Printing on Magnetic Signs: youtu.be/y8sUhUw9kwY
Making Real Estate Signs on Coroplast: youtu.be/YRdsISk83k8
Printing on Candles: youtu.be/tgiLTSZ5SfU
Making Custom Yeti Mugs: youtu.be/XZgrR4ky3VI
Making Custom Tiles: vimeo.com/256110431
Visit compressuvprinter.com to learn more!