One in three Medicare beneficiaries was enrolled in a private Medicare Advantage plan in 2017 and received Medicare benefits through Medicare Part C. As enrollment grows each year, it is important for professionals assisting older adults to have a basic understanding of how Medicare Advantage plans work.
Participants in this free webcast, Legal Basics: Medicare Part C and Medicare Advantage, obtain a basic understanding of the following:
• The difference between Medicare Advantage and Original Medicare
• The Medicare Advantage enrollment process
• Different types of Medicare Advantage plans
• Practice tips and suggestions for helping older adults navigate Medicare Advantage and appeals
• Georgia Burke, Directing Attorney, Justice in Aging
• Natalie Kean, Staff Attorney, Justice in Aging