Third Sunday After Pentecost, July 3, 2011, 8:30am
Crosslake Lutheran Church – ELCA
WELCOME AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
INSTALLATION OF TRANSITION TEAM
PRELUDE: “This Is My Song”
* HYMN #532 (1, 2, 4) “Gather Us In”
* GREETING/KYRIE/PRAISE CANTICLE -- pp. 147-150
* PRAYER OF THE DAY (in unison)
Holy Trinity, empower us always to give thanks for your generosity and to wisely steward your gifts. Bless this land with honesty, truth and honor. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil action and thought. We pray in Christ’s name. Amen.
1ST READING: Zechariah 9:9-12 …Thanks be to God!
2nd READING: Romans 7:15-25a …Thanks be to God!
* GOSPEL ACCLAMATION -- p. 151 Alleluia, Lord…
* GOSPEL READING: Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
…Glory to You, O Lord. ~ …Praise to You, O Christ.
* HYMN #843 “Praise the One...”
* APOSTLES’ CREED – p. 105
* PRAYERS OF INTERCESSION
ADULT CHOIR ANTHEM: “Tender Mercies”
Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks because he’s given Jesus Christ, his Son. (Repeat) And now let the weak say, ‘I am strong,’ let the poor say, ‘I am rich,’ because of what the Lord has done for us. (Repeat) Give thanks.
* WORDS OF INSTITUTION
* THE LORD’S PRAYER – p. 154, right column
(Tell an usher if you would like communion brought to you.)
DISTRIBUTION: Please exit the pew to the right.
Go in peace; love your neighbor! Thanks be to God!
* HYMN: #888 “O Beautiful for Spacious Skies”