Study 02 of 13 on Worship
Scriptural Basis: Exod. 3:1–15; 12:1–36; 20:4, 5; 32:1–6; 33:12–23.
Key Text: “‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me’” (Exod. 20:2, 3, NKJV).
1. What kinds of challenges have you faced with regards to worshiping God?
2. To what extent are fear and worship related?
3. Theologians speak of God’s immanence (His nearness) and His transcendence (His greatness). Why are these two qualities so important to our study this week?
4. On what does God base His claim for our worship?
5. What does it mean to “know the Lord?”
6. What current applications can we make of the story of the Israelites’ worship of the golden calf?