140 HA5 students started with a full day lecture followed by a 2-day-workshop with a real live case working with applied methods.
Trackunit participated as the case. The company is not only challenging their own way of thinking, but also aiming to transform their customers’ business. Employing a software based business model, creates unique possibilities to further develop business models. As such it provides an excellent case study, in line with some of the most succesfull and widely known international business like Google, Amazon and Tesla.
Some key topics the students worked with:
• What does it require to innovate a business model?
• Drawing on the case study of Trackunit, how can I help companies that are working in a non-digital industry become digital?
• What are the key benefits in the construction industry of a digital, subscription based and scalable business model?
This have several benefits:
• The students get hands-on experience with business tools used all over the world by the most successful entrepreneurs
• The university establishes a closer relationship with local IT-company Trackunit
• Trackunit helps increase the talent pool in Aalborg and gets in contact with ambitious students.