On Thursday, March 22, 2018, Rebel Video stopped by at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC). The hosts were Prof. Tirtza Even and Prof. Mary Patten. Here some clips of questions and answers
in Tirtza Even's class 'Documentary and Non-Fiction Film.
Some of the topics that came up for discussion:
- The role of women in community video
- What was community action about?
- Who was initiating community action with video in the 70s?
- Where to get funding for community video art practice?
- Why rock music in the video 'Squat Now While Stocks Last’?
- Why is the video archive Rebel Video freely accessible?
- In the oral history portraits the video pioneers talk a lot about their upbringing. Why?
Heinz Nigg, rebelvideo.ch