is a transnational Dance Production between Tel Aviv and Hamburg and deals with the BALAGAN BODY "Chaosbody" that explores the body as an archive populated with personal and cultural memories. A dancer from Tel Aviv and a dancer from Hamburg investigate how people process the transition between exceptional conditions and normality in the long term. Interviews with people in Tel Aviv and Hamburg form the basis for the choreographic research. How do people deal with sudden attacks? How do extreme states translate into the body? What distinguishes a body that is exposed to a permanent threat from a body that lives in relative safety? Together with two musicians the four artists enter into a physical and acoustic dialogue and become an unpredictable, at the same time threatened organism – a delicate construction, somewhere between normality and emergency.
A Dancepiece about Bodies in States of Emergency by Patricia Carolin Mai
BALAGAN BODY is a Israel | German Production of Kelim Choreography Center Tel Aviv-Bat Yam and Kampnagel – Internationales Zentrum für schönere Künste Hamburg.
Behörde für Kultur und Medien Hamburg, Fonds Darstellende Künste e.V., Hamburgische Kulturstiftung, Rudolf Augstein Stiftung
Seoul Dance Center Korea and K3 Choreography Center | Tanzplan Hamburg
- 31. January 2018 Premiere Kampnagel, Internationales Zentrum für schönere Künste (1.-3. February 2018)
- 1./2. February 2019 TanzOFFensive Hannover, Opening Performance
- 7. April 2019 Hauptsache Frei Festival Hamburg, Lichthoftheater
- 12. April 2019 LOFFT Theater Leipzig, Opening Performance
- 6. July 2019 DANSAND! KAAP_Contemporary Dance Festival 2019, Oostende Belgium
- Korea Seoul Dance Center June/August 2017
(Work in Progress)
- Israel, Tel Aviv /// Tmuna Theater, Intima Dance Festival Tel Aviv August-November 2017
(Work in Progress)