This is the second webinar held by Rain for Climate will Michal Kravcik, Jan Pokorny and Vlado Zaujec reveal the actual planned implementation steps for stabilization of the global climate by restoring the small water cycles locally.
In 2007, Hydrologists Michal Kravcik, Jan Pokorny, Juraj Kohutiar, Martin Kovac, and Eugene Toth released their book "Water for the Recovery of the Climate" which gathered decades of hydrological research and projects to show a mindblowing truth: that we could quickly, and cheaply restore global climate stability by restoring our water cycles. Over the last 10 years, Kravcik and his team have been gathering scientists, ecologists, hydrologists, entrepreneurs, and government agencies to create a plan to restore ecosystem stability worldwide. They formed an organization called "Rain for Climate".
Vlado, Michael and Jan are going to show you...
· A global overview of the problems and promise of restoring watersheds worldwide.
· Explanation of why it stopped rain in some areas and possibilities to reverse this trend.
· How different country types impacts the climate
· Real life events explanation – Cyprus, Athens, Cape Town
· Correlation of rising sea levels and spreading desertification.
· The role of water and carbon in the atmosphere, the power of carbon sequestration in ecosystems, the relationship between land management and carbon emissions in the atmosphere (root cause vs. indicator)
· Lessons learned from multiple projects and how they influenced design of the Rain for Climate.
· Explanation of the disruptive model behind the Rain for Climate movement.
· Implementation plan to recover the climate and reverse sea level rise
· Expected effects of massive water restoration program
· How you can help carry out the vision for Rain for Climate worldwide and recover your climate
Learn more at: rainforclimate.com/en/science-behind