Building of the Romanic temple began in 1129. In the 14th Century, the original chancel is replaced by the circular nave and the gothic apse chapels. Other renaissance and baroque additions (the cloister, the Chapel of the Virgen with the big eyes (capilla de la Virgen de los Ojos Grandes) make up, along with the neoclassic 18th Century façade, the magnificent ensemble before us today. The Diocesan Museum, with objects of great archaeological value is located in the three window gallery, the cloister and other parts of the cathedral. Lugo.