Study 4 of 13 on Worship
Scriptural Basis: Exod. 25:1–22; 29:38, 39; Exodus 35; Deut. 12:5–7, 12, 18; 16:13–16.
Key Text: “You shall rejoice before the Lord your God, you and your sons and your daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levite who is within your gates, since he has no portion nor inheritance with you” (Deut. 12:12, NKJV).
1. What rituals do you observe in your own life?
2. To what extent—if at all—should ritual play a part of worship?
3. How did the sanctuary play a part in the worship of the Israelites?
4. What does it mean to “rejoice before the Lord”?
5. What does it mean to worship through tithes, offerings, time, or talent?
6. In what practical ways can we consider this question: Have I given everything over to Christ, who died for my sins?