In April 2018, the Federal Government is launching new career transition programs and services for Canadian veterans, which has prompted new discussions about how to best assist veterans seeking civilian employment.
Challenge Factory has been working with Veterans Affairs Canada and the Canadian Armed Forces to quantify the challenges veterans face when seeking employment. The findings are surprising and highlight gaps in employer recruitment processes and veteran transition preparedness.
Using new, CERIC-supported research, Lisa Taylor will show in this free webinar how the challenges that veterans face serve as a good case study for all employers and career practitioners. Whether you currently hire or work with transitioning veterans, or not, this webinar will help you better understand where hiring managers get in their own way of finding top candidates and how career practitioners can better prepare misunderstood candidates to overcome recruitment obstacles.
What you will learn:
- How unconscious bias about “cultural fit” in the recruitment cycle can be quantified and exposed
- Identify how members of hidden talent pools (including but not limited to veterans) can combat unspoken assumptions that might otherwise limit hiring success
- Gain specific insight into Canadian veteran civilian career transition as a case study of a hidden talent pool
- Take a self-assessment to evaluate your own understanding of veterans as potential candidates and employees
- How you can participate in the next phase of this research