For my project I was interested in something kind of light hearted. I wanted to do something with water and animal themes. 3D isn’t necessarily a main focus of mine but I tried to have fun with the designs of the background. My regret for that is not being able to figure out how to get the grass to move like it would in real water.
From the beginning I had a lot of challenges. I had to re-rig my character several times, even though the rig itself was relatively simple. Even when I thought I’d figured it out I ended up having problems later. But it was satisfying to see the ways rigs had to potential to work, even if mine didn’t necessarily end up being done right.
In the end I also ended up having to render everything from home, and had to do parts of it a few times since there were issues connecting my materials to my files, which was frustrating but it got easier. I had some issues with timing the animation, something I’ll just have to keep working on.
One thing I really enjoyed was playing around with the sound effects and making the credits, since I like 2D a bit more. I tried to do some effects to imitate the water while it moves but none of them looked very convincing. I think this was a good lesson about finding ways to overcome problems when they arise and take things in stride.