Directed by Marilene Ribeiro (2018)
As a response to the current investment in large hydroelectric dams as a ground to Brazil's 'sustainable' economic growth, "Costs" addresses the impacts these endeavour have caused on both the environment and people. Director Marilene Ribeiro surveys three hydro schemes that happen at different times in Brazil (past - the Sobradinho dam, present - the Belo Monte dam, and future - the Garambi-Panambi dam complex). The video engages with situations in which the impacts caused by dams emerge in a more sensitive way; for example, when participants of her project (individuals who have been affected by these ventures) draw, sing, or speak about their feelings and their interpretations of their lived experience.
* Penedo Film Festival 2018 (Brazil) - official selection
* Mostra SESC de Cinema 2019 (Brazil) - official selection
* Mostra de Cinema Feminista 2019 (Brazil) - official selection
* Mostra Cineclube em Ação 2019 (Brazil) - official selection
* Cine.Ema - Mostra de Cinema Ambiental 2019 (Brazil) - official selection