View the full agenda at augustagov.org/images/Agenda_Packets/05-07-18.pdf.
CITY OF AUGUSTA
May 7, 2018, 7:00 P.M.
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Pastor Rick Neubauer, First Baptist Church
1. APRIL 16, 2018 CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
E. APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE
Consider approval of Appropriation Ordinance #4 dated 4/18/18, and Appropriation Ordinance #5 dated 5/2/18.
1. DRINKING WATER WEEK
2. PUBLIC SERVICE RECOGNITION WEEK
3. NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT WEEK
1. Presentation of retirement plaque to police service canine Rico retired as of April 16, 2018, after seven years of service to the Augusta Department of Safety.
2. Tony Madrigal will be present to present the City’s annual insurance dividend check.
3. Corky Cook will be present to discuss his request for the City to pave the area within public right-of-way that was sodded for the South Ohio Project for property located at the southeast corner of Ohio Street and Main.
4. Call for Other Visitors. (Visitors may be recognized at this time to address the Governing Body regarding items not specifically listed on the Agenda – 5 minute limit).
1. ELECTION OF PRESIDENT OF THE COUNCIL
Elect a sitting council member so serve as President of the Council pursuant to City Code to fill the position vacated by Mike Rawlings.
2. ELECTION OF NEW COUNCILMEMBER TO FILL THE UNEXPIRED TERM FOR THE WARD 3 POSITION PREVIOUSLY OCCUPIED BY MIKE RAWLINGS
Review slate of candidates for the open Ward 3 council position previously occupied by Mike Rawlings; elect a new councilmember to fill the unexpired term.
3. CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-CITY EVENTS OCCURRING ON PUBLIC PROPERTY
Provide staff direction regarding the City Council’s expectations for Certificate of Liability Insurance requirements for non-city events occurring on public property.
4. CONDUCT PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR THE CONDEMNATION OF A SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE AND A DETACHED RESIDENTIAL GARAGE LOCATED AT 435 EAST 12TH AVENUE
AND CONSIDER RESOLUTIONS AUTHORIZING CONDEMNATION
Conduct public hearings for the condemnations of structures located at 435 East 12th Avenue and consider resolutions 2018-10 and 2018-11 authorizing condemnation.
5. SUPPLEMENTAL ENGINEERING SERVICES AGREEMENTS WITH SCHWAB EATON
Consider approval of supplemental agreement with City Engineer Schwab Eaton in the amount of $13,036.50 for additional design services related to the City Lake Road paving project; Consider approval of supplemental agreement with City Engineer Schwab Eaton in the amount of $9,100 for construction observation services related to the Lake Road Paving Project; Consider approval of supplemental agreement with City Engineer Schwab Eaton in the amount of $18,100 for construction observation services related to the 2017 Street Sales Tax Projects.
6. REVISED MASTER ENGINEERING SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH SCHWAB EATON FOR CITY ENGINEERING SERVICES
Consider approval of the revised master engineering services agreement with Schwab Eaton for city engineering services.
7. BOARD APPOINTMENTS TO AUGUSTA PUBLIC LIBRARY AND AUGUSTA HOUSING AUTHORITY
Consider approval of Mayoral reappointment of Megan Vittitow to the Augusta Public Library Board; Consider approval of appointments of the following Housing Board members: Jody Link to replace Mary Williams with term ending April 2021; Heather Holmes to replace Rex Cagle term ending April 2020; reappointments of Chuck Bowman and JD McCrary with terms ending April 2022.
8. DISCUSSION REGARDING FUNDING OPTIONS AND DESIGN FOR DALTON PALMER MEMORIAL PLAYGROUND IN DOWNTOWN AUGUSTA
Review and discuss funding options and design for Dalton Palmer Memorial Playground in Downtown Augusta and provide staff direction regarding preferred playground surfacing.
9. RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING FILING AND APPLICATION WITH KDHE FOR REVOLVING LOAN FUNDS
Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-12 authorizing Mayor Mike L. Rawlings and City Manager Josh Shaw to execute and file applications to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) on behalf of Augusta for the revolving loan fund program and sign all necessary documents on behalf of the City.
I. MATTERS FROM/FOR COUNCIL
1. Call for Other Matters. (Council members may be recognized at this time to address the Governing Body regarding items not specifically listed on the Agenda)
J. INFORMATIONAL MEMORANDUM
K. EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. ATTORNEY CLIENT PRIVILEGE. Staff recommends that the Council go into executive session to discuss matters deemed privileged in the attorney-client relationship.