EXERCISE #5 – Matthew 5:7 ~ Be Merciful!
Memory verses: Matthew 5:7 and Psalm 103:11
1. Define mercy.
2. Carefully read Ephesians 2:1-7. What did God’s mercy cause Him to do? To whom was He merciful? What kind of people were they?
3. What should be our attitude in showing mercy to others? (Romans 12:8 and Micah 6:8)
4. Read Matthew 18:21-35. What relationship does mercy have with forgiveness? Explain what principle(s) Jesus was teaching in this passage.
5. Is there anyone you need to mercifully forgive? Make a note to yourself here about it and with God’s help, forgive that person and pray about the situation.
6. What does James 2:13 mean?
7. Describe the difference between the wicked and the righteous from Psalm 37:21.
8. Read Psalm 103 and list all the areas in which God is merciful towards us.