Durable Medical Equipment (DME) describes the equipment and supports an individual needs to help with health issues. Unfortunately, people commonly face complications in accessing DME, especially if they are dual eligible individuals. Participants in this free webcast, Understanding Durable Medical Equipment, will learn about:
• DME coverage through Medicare and Medicaid
• The coordination between the two programs
• Practice tips and solutions to help clients who are denied access to DME services
This webcast is part of NCLER’s Advanced Legal Training series. For the Legal Basics of Medicare and Medicaid, please visit the NCLER webpage to access previous training materials.
Closed captioning will be available on this webcast. A link with access to the captions will be shared through GoToWebinar’s chat box shortly before the webcast start time.
• Georgia Burke, Directing Attorney, Justice in Aging
• Denny Chan, Staff Attorney, Justice in Aging