The Six Pillars are the foundation stones for the character and reputation of excellence of The Macallan.
• Spiritual Home; Easter Elchies House, built in 1700, lies at the heart of The Macallan estate
• Curiously Small Stills; contribute to the distinctively rich, fruity ‘new make’ spirit of The Macallan
• Finest Cut; we take only 16% of the final distillation from the spirit stills to fill into our oak casks. This is the best of the best
• Exceptional Oak Casks; The Macallan spends more on sourcing, building, seasoning and caring for its casks than any other single malt whisky
• Natural Colour; the rich range of colours in The Macallan whiskies is drawn only from the wood of our exceptional oak casks
• The Macallan itself; the peerless spirit - one of the world’s greatest whiskies.