Seventh Sunday After Pentecost
July 31, 2011, 8:30am
Crosslake Lutheran Church – ELCA
WELCOME and ANNOUNCEMENTS
PRELUDE: Bell Choir “Kum-Ba-Yah”
* HYMN #777 “Come to Me, All Pilgrims Thirsty”
(vs. 1: All; vs 2: Women; vs 3: Men; vs 4: All)
* GREETING/KYRIE/PRAISE CANTICLE -- pp. 147-150
* PRAYER OF THE DAY (prayed in unison)
Glorious God¬—Father, Son, Holy Spirit—you shower this world with goodness and abundance. Inspire us always to seek and to share the nourishment from your hand that transforms life itself. Amen
CHOIR ANTHEM: “See the Bread, See the Wine”
1ST READING: Isaiah 55:1-5 …Thanks be to God!
2nd READING: Romans 9:1-5 …Thanks be to God!
*GOSPEL ACCLAMATION -- p. 151 Alleluia, Lord…
* GOSPEL READING: Matthew 14:13-21
...Glory to You, O Lord. ~ …Praise to You, O Christ.
* HYMN #826 “Thine the Amen”
* APOSTLES’ CREED – p. 105
* PRAYERS OF INTERCESSION
* OFFERTORY: (words and music by Marty Haugen)
“Bring forth the kingdom of mercy,
Bring forth the kingdom of peace;
Bring forth the kingdom of justice,
Bring forth the city of God!”
* WORDS OF INSTITUTION
* THE LORD’S PRAYER— p. 154, right column
HYMN: #484 “You Satisfy the Hungry Heart”
(sung during Holy Communion distribution)
Pastor: Go in peace; love your neighbor!
All: Thanks be to God!
* HYMN #692 “We Are An Offering”