What kind of innovation does the world need today?
We live in a world full of contrasts that co-exist.
We are 3rd world and 1st world at the same time.
We are traditional and modern at the same time.
We are emotional and rational at the same time.
We want to live the ‘good life’, but not by forcing the earth to live a ‘bad life’.
How about non-violent, holistic innovation?
Innovation that is not based on a competitive & exploitative win-lose logic. “I win by making someone else lose.”
How about innovation that’s based on an elegant win-win-win logic? 3 wins.
And Earth wins – We can’t win if Gaia loses…can we?
Ranjan has led and facilitated innovation initiatives in a large number of organizations across various countries including Apple, Areva, APC, Bausch & Lomb, Bayer, Cable & Wireless, Glaxo SmithKline, Honeywell, Mahindra, Microsoft, New York Life, Novartis, Pepsico, Perfetti, Tata, Unilever and Whirlpool.
He has created methodologies, frameworks and tools that help organizations innovate by design:
• The innovation evaluation architecture used in the Forbes Global Applied Innovation Awards, Innovation for India Awards & the Tata Innovation Awards.
• The 3C Spot-Fund-Nurture model used by NABARD (India’s National Rural Bank) in the area of Rural Innovation.
• The curriculum for the Orbit-shifting innovation course taught at some Management Schools of India.
As an innovation speaker, Ranjan gets invited to deliver high impact keynotes, talks and and to chair conference sessions. He is sought for his unique ability to pick unobvious insights, ‘connect unusual dots’ and present a compelling message in his characteristic spontaneous style.
Speaker / Chaired Sessions:
1. Front End of Innovation – Amsterdam
2. European Conference on Creativity and Innovation – Warsaw
3. European Conference on Creativity and Innovation - Copenhagen
4. American Creativity Association Conference - Singapore
5. Strategic Innovation Forum – Barcelona
6. The India Innovation Summit - Bangalore
7. Innovation for India Awards - Mumbai
8. National Brand Summit - AIMA
9. The TiE World Summit - Mumbai
11. Asia HRD Congress
12. Talks at Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) - Bangalore, Calcutta & Indore, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) - Mumbai, Centre for Leadership, Innovation and Change - ISB & National Institute of Design (NID) - Ahmedabad.
Prior to his work in innovation, Ranjan spent a decade in advertising & marketing with organizations like J Walter Thompson (JWT), Lintas & Bharti. He lives in Bangalore, India.