This is a music video I created for Valve's Music Video competition that ended more than two weeks ago. (Turns out I needed 2 months to create a + 4 minute animated music video...)
Using a combination of Stop-Motion Animation and After Effects, this music video was possible. (Special thanks again to my mother for creating the costume for my puppet.)
Hope you guys enjoy this video as much as I have enjoyed making it.
(PS: Thank you for Valve for holding to allow me to be inspired to create this video. Continue to make awesome games guys! (Like they're ever gonna read this...))
- Hae-Joon Lee
- Animated, Edited, Directed by: Hae-Joon Lee
- Puppet Costume Fabrication: Min-Ok Song (Mom)
- Song: "Exile, Vilify" by The National
- Based on "Lab Rat" by Valve
- Live action "Chell" footage and stills from: "Outside Aperture" by Eisen Feuer"
- Background textures and details from "Portal" and "Portal 2" by Valve
- "Chell" portrait by 2dforever
- "GLaDOS" concept art by Valve
Special Thanks to:
- My Parents
- Valve and the Portal Team
- "Loquacious K" for initial inspiration
- All my friends and family for their continued support :)
- Weighted Companion Cube!