For more info or to purchase, please visit DebonoMoves.com/canine-video.
Would you like to learn how to help yourself and your dog feel better and move more freely–at any age?
Whether you’re a baby boomer with an aging dog or a millennial with a young pup, Mary Debono can help you and your dog get the most out of life. Mary’s unique approach, based on the work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais, is designed to enhance not only your dog’s health and well-being, but yours as well.
Mary will describe how she has helped dogs overcome the effects of stroke, arthritis, hip dysplasia, torn ligaments, aging, anxiety and stiffness. These dogs−many of whom were considered hopeless cases−demonstrate that improvement is possible at virtually any age or condition.
In Age-Proofing Your Dog, you’ll discover how to:
• Reduce stress and anxiety
• Facilitate healing after injury, surgery or illness
• Cultivate a deep bond between you and your pet
• Lessen the effects of arthritis, hip dysplasia and aging
• Increase the mobility and vitality of older or injured dogs
• Enhance athletic performance and minimize the risk of injury
1. Introduction: Two Dogs’ Dramatic Recoveries Using Simple Strategies
2. ATM: Hand Movements to Refine Your Touch and Center Your Intention
3. Demo with Dog: Connected Breathing and Exploring the Ribs
4. Partner Practice with Mary’s Guidance: Connected Breathing and Exploring the Ribs
5. Demo with Dogs: Observing Canine Movement What to Look For and Why
6. Lecture: Helping Dogs Recover from Knee Ligament Injuries; ATM: Sliding Hand and Knee
7. Demo with Dog: Using Sliding Hand and Knee ATM and Working with the Spine as a Basis for Hands-on Work with Dogs
8. Partner Practice with Mary’s Guidance: Sliding Hand and Knee and Working with the Spine
9. Lecture: Canine Body Language and Working with Challenging Dogs;
Dog Demo: Hands-On Assessment
10. Mini ATM: Awakening Your Sternum and Ribs; Demo with Dog:
Mobilizing Ribs and Pelvis to Improve the Spine; Closing Thoughts