This is a recording of a CDRAKE online event / webinar held on July 21, 2011 from 12:00PM - 1:30PM EDT.
Presented by: Sylvia Davidson, Occupational Therapist & Advanced Practice Leader for the Geriatrics Program at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
Facilitation by: Sarah Clark & Elizabeth Lusk
Hosts: CDRAKE & The Alzheimer Society of Canada (ASC)
Using case examples, this presentation highlights behaviours associated with dementia.
• Develop a systematic approach to understanding responsive behaviours
• Increase our repertoire of management strategies to enhance care
• Acquire increased confidence as advocates for individuals with dementia
1. Pittsburg Agitation Scale: Rosen, J., Burgio, L., Kollar, M., Cain, M., Allison, M., Fogleman, M., Michael, M. & Zubenko, G.S. (1994). The Pittsburgh Agitation Scale. A User-Friendly Instrument for Rating Agitation in Dementia Patients. The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry,2(1), pp. 52-59.
2. Dementia Observation System: piecescanada.com
To learn more about CDRAKE Events, please visit us online: dementiaknowledgebroker.ca/events
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?