This week we enjoy number 2 in the Barrel Roll series from Hangar 24, the Humpty Bump. A Belgian Strong Golden Ale brewed with apple cider & caramelized sugar, and then aged for 8 months in oak bourbon barrels with Brettanomyces.
Stephen complains about apples, but eventually acquiesces that this is a great beer, once he's actually able to get the bottle open. John and Matt fight over the pronunciation of Acetaldehyde.
Stephen then joins Dr. Bill for a Master Pairings. Bill takes a fabulous collaboration beer from Stone Brewing Co, Baird, and Ishii brewing, the Japanese Green Tea IPA, and pairs it with Firecracker Shrimp.
In the end, Hangar 24 Humpty Bump is a tasty treat and you should run out to your favorite craft beer bar on Saturday the 27th and pick up a bottle or two.
Follow us online :
- NBT - http://twitter.com/newbrewthursday
- MP - http://twitter.com/masterpairings
- NBT - http://facebook.com/NewBrewThursday
- Stephen - http://twitter.com/darthweef
- John - http://twitter.com/johnholzer
- Matt - http://twitter.com/SmallBatchBrew