This O-gauge, 3-train, 3-rail system built by Talley Ober uses the "insulated rail" method to automatically control 3 "Thomas the Tank Engine" locos running on the SAME loop of track -- using NO relays nor electronics. It just uses 2 simple "insulated rail" type "Control Blocks", which control 2 "Stop Blocks".
A. ~~~~~~ CONTENTS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
* NOTE: You should be able to “JUMP” to ANY SECTION of the video, by clicking the below minute:sec numbers.
* Pt 1: Introduction: 1:11 min
* Pt 2: Layout Overview: 3:21 min
* Pt 3: View Operation-SLOW Motion: 7:30 min
* Pt 4: View Operation-Normal Spd: 11:20 min
* Pt 5: View Operation-Other Side: 14:15 min
* Pt 6: Viewing Drawings on the Web: 16:24 min
* Pt 7: Discuss Layout & Sequence Drawings: 18:06 min
(need to change image to match)
* Pt 8: Discuss Joe Rampolla Wiring Drawing: 23:27 min
* Pt 9: Discuss Joe Rampolla Control Block Drawing: 26:35 min
* Pt 10: Discuss Joe Rampolla Stop Block Drawing: 28:21 min
* Pt 11: Excerpts from 4 Related Videos: 30:05 min
* Pt 11A: Excerpt 1 from Joseph Rampolla's video "Insulated Rail Control of Lionel Handcars": 30:09 min
* Pt 11B: Excerpt 2 from Rob Mueller's insulated rail control demo of 2 trains: 31:15 min
* Pt 11C: Excerpt 3 from “Automated Start Stop Block Control” by Steve Eastman: 35:07 min
* Pt 11D: Excerpt 4 from “Auto Stop Trolly Layout” by Steve Eastman: 35:45 min
* Pt 12: Insulated Rail Auto. Passing Siding (On Other Side of Talley's Layout): 36:33 min
End: 38:08 min
B. ~~~~~~ RELATED VIDEOS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
*1. There is a short PART 2, 37-second-long video clip that shows a point-to-point single track, with reverse loops on each end. Using insulated rail sections in the reverse loop at each end, they run 3 locos on the track: vimeo.com/285437286
*2. Joseph Rampolla's video "Insulated Rail Control of Lionel Handcars" (2:26 min); this video has the above 3 images: youtu.be/Cx2x2kJ22IY
*3. Rob Mueller's insulated rail control demo of 2 trains, in “Pine Summit 1/3: O Ga. High-Action w/Animations Home Layout” starts at 4:35. **NOTE**: You will have to manually "drag" the slider to the 4:35 point (time part of link does not work): youtu.be/B8BWaO3Y9gA?t=4m35s
*4. “Automated Start Stop Block Control” (1:23 min) by Steve Eastman. This shows 2 trolleys, being controlled by the insulated-rail method: youtu.be/H9q4kx3vjuk
*5. “Auto Stop Trolly Layout” (0:34 min) by Steve Eastman. This shows 3 trolleys being controlled. (Note there’s a red, white, & yellow trolley on that loop): youtu.be/N221UffUbAc
* Please note that MORE videos and articles are at the BOTTOM of the web page at autocontrols.wordpress.com/insulated-rail-3-train-3-rail-o-ga-automatic-control-system
C. ~~~~ WEB PAGE LINKS:
* This video #667 (Part 1) is on both Youtube and Vimeo: youtu.be/1v_yhwUtwco and vimeo.com/283900932 . Note that you can DOWNLOAD the video from the Vimeo site.
* Drawings seen in video are here: autocontrols.wordpress.com/insulated-rail-3-train-3-rail-o-ga-automatic-control-system
* Talley Ober's model railroad home page: EagleLineRailroad.com
* Home page for automatic controls info: autocontrols.org
* There is an O Gauge RR Forum thread for this video at: ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/youtube-video-talley-ober-s-insulated-rail-3-train-3-rail-o-gauge-automatic-control-system-uses-no-relays-nor-electronics
D. ~~~~ BACKGROUND MUSIC TRACKS:
* Morning Walk by JinglePunks from Youtube Audio Library
* Happiness by "Royalty Free Music from Bensound.com"
This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net (description updated 8/18/2018).