* Paul Boston of Paradise and Pacific O-Gauge RR Club in Scottsdale AZ (PandPrr.com) sent me this short 37-second video clip.
A. ~~~~ THE CONFIGURATION:
* The configuration is 2 point-to-point single tracks, with reverse loops on each end.
* Each of the 4 reverse loops contains an insulated-rail “control block” and a “stop block”.
* Each of the 2 tracks runs 3 locos, using this “insulated rail” method.
* I am guessing the turnouts are spring-loaded, as I cannot see any wires going to them.
B. ~~~~ THE VIDEO:
* The video only shows a close-up of 1 end of the layout.
* These are also short trains: 0 cars on each of the 3 locos running on the rear track, and 1 car on each of the 3 locos running on the front track.
On Aug 14, 2018, at 7:26 PM, PAUL BOSTON wrote:
* "We here at the Paradise and Pacific RR have been using the isolated rail magic for about 20 years.
* I first saw it at a train show in Upper Marlboro, Maryland and the builder shared the secret.
* Now each autumn at RailFair at the McCormick Stillman RR Park (Scottsdale AZ), we set up two dogbones with isolated sections in the reverse loops. We run three engines on each track -- and because the loops are interwoven the action seems to be non-stop.
* This is a video from 2013 but we still use the same setup."
* Stop in in early October to enjoy the RailFair."
C. ~~~~ LINKS:
* The longer 38-minute PART 1 of this video #667 is on both Youtube and Vimeo: youtu.be/1v_yhwUtwco and vimeo.com/283900932 .
* There are MORE related videos and articles at the BOTTOM of the web page at autocontrols.wordpress.com/insulated-rail-3-train-3-rail-o-ga-automatic-control-system
* There is an O-Gauge RR Forum thread for this "insulated-rail" topic at: ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/youtube-video-talley-ober-s-insulated-rail-3-train-3-rail-o-gauge-automatic-control-system-uses-no-relays-nor-electronics
This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net (description updated 8/19/2018).